Full Time – Master of Technical and Vocational Education (Research)30 June 2022 2022-09-19 14:52
Full Time – Master of Technical and Vocational Education (Research)
Master of Technical & Vocational Education (Research) - KBV
About the program
The programme is designed to be in line with the vision and mission of the University. This program aims to produce skilled educators/trainers, who are able to confront challenges faced during their experiences in teaching, managing and supervising students, by familiarising them with relevant, appropriate and significant research-based knowledge in different areas of education. Through this program, graduates are expected to become part of the educator in TVET and skilled worker which is capable in driving the growth of the country accordance with the government aspirations. This will be done with the course emphasizing new technologies, which also include theoretical and practical skills. In addition, this program will also expose students to a variety of activities that can increase the generic skills and personality.
- Bachelor Degree with Honours from Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM) or any other higher learning institution recognized by the UTHM Senate with cumulative grade points average (CGPA) of 2.75 and above.
- Working experiences (1 year = 0.1 CPA) in related field for those who do not meet the minimum CPA.
- Minimum score of TOELF 500 or IELTS 5.0 or MUET Band 3.
- Applicants who fulfill the academic qualifications from institution of higher learning throughout Malaysia that is recognized by the Senate are eligible to apply for exemption from the English language requirements
- Exemption for International applicants who graduated from universities listed as the English-Speaking Countries.
- Foundation of Research Method
To synthesize knowledge critically and analytically for the well-being of society and national development.
To analyze, synthesize and solve problems based on research ethical inquiry.
To plan, coordinate and implement programs/ projects creatively and innovatively, for the advancement of the profession and the needs of the community.
To generate and disseminate knowledge effectively and be responsible for cultivating lifelong learning and entrepreneurship.
To lead and participate in the development of knowledge and in fighting for intellectual property rights and appreciation of the original work of others, maintaining plagiarism and academic misconduct in the field of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET)
To conduct ethics and integrity and fights for intellectual property, copyright and free from plagiarism.
Mastering knowledge in Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET).
Apply scientific and critical thinking methods as well as problem solving skills in Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET).
Apply specific skills in the field of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) to meet the needs of national employment.
Demonstrate the ability to lead and work cooperatively in groups to build new knowledge in the research field of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET).
Communicate effectively through verbal speech, discussion and scientific writing.
Analyze and plan with colleagues based on educational and training needs by utilizing ICT knowledge and skills in the TVET management process and cultivate lifelong learning for self-development
Appreciate the professional role and ethics of an educator in meeting the social, cultural and environmental needs.