PHD – PEE30 June 2022 2022-09-20 11:15
PHD – PEE
Doctor of Philosophy in Electrical Engineering - PEE
About the program
Doctor of Philosophy is a program that research by thesis under the supervision of experienced members of academic staff or a supervisory panel where students are given opportunity to demonstrate critical understanding of the most advanced knowledge at the frontiers of Electrical and Electronic Engineering. It covers multiple electrical and electronic engineering disciplines. Students will be trained to be competent in the field of electrical and electronic engineering with a high standard of ethics and professionalism.
- Master’s Degree from UTHM or any other higher learning institutions recognized by the UTHM Senate or other qualification equivalent to a Master’s degree with experience in a related field recognized by the UTHM Senate.
Minimum English Requirement
- Minimum score of MUET Band 3 or TOELF 500 or IELTS 5.0.
- Applicants who fulfill the academic qualification from Institution of higher learning throughout Malaysia that is recognized by the Senate are eligible to apply for exemption from the English language requirements
- Applicants who do not fulfill the minimum English language requirement but graduated from universities listed as the English Speaking Countries are eligible to apply for exemption from the English language requirements.
- Research Methodology
Contribute to new knowledge creation, scholarly activity and practice competency in related electrical and electronic engineering discipline
Practice the ethical and professional codes in electrical and electronic engineering related field
Perform research independently at higher level
- Synthesize knowledge and contribute to original research that broaden the frontier of knowledge in an electrical and electronic discipline
- Appraise problems in an electrical and electronic discipline critically using scientific skills
- Adapt advanced practical skills leading to innovative ideas in an electrical and electronic discipline
- Provide expert advice to society in an electrical and electronic discipline
- Display leadership qualities through communicating and working effectively with peers and stakeholders
- Competently use a wide range of suitable digital technologies and appropriate software to enhance research quality
- Use scientific and mathematical skills to analyze and evaluate numerical and graphical data in research
- Integrate information in electrical and electronic discipline for lifelong learning
- Exemplify self-advancement through continuous academic and professional development
- Foster entrepreneurial interest and skills in managing projects in the organization
- Conduct research independently and adhere to legal, ethical and professional codes of practice